Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What is a "Flattener"?

On Apr 10, 9:20*pm, spaco wrote:
I just heard of a woodworking machine called a "Flattener" today.
* *We were at a birthday party and I asked for advice about taking the

Was this a troll and everyone is playing along or have I entered the
twilight zone where the concept and reason for of a Jointer has
vanished?

A sander and a planer won't remove twist because they force the board
flat druing operation with their feed systems and then you gat a
smooth twisted board after it exists the feed rollers.

Sounds like this guy talking about a flattener with some nail bed
holder thing is smoking some pretty good sawdust.