Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default LED bulb: 17 Years, $50.00

On Apr 11, 5:02*pm, zxcvbob wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
"GE says the new bulb uses just 9 watts and provides a 77% energy savings
while lasting 25 times as long as the 40-watt bulb it's intended to
replace."

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...b-lasts-years/

Assume a 40-watt bulb lasts 1000 hours.

40w x 1000 = 40 kwh x $0.15/kwh = $6.00 operating cost over life of bulb.

The new bulb uses 9 watts. So for the same period,

9w x 1000 = 9 kwh x $0.15/kwh = $1.35 operating cost.

I bought a Lights of America LED bulb last year. *It was very dim
(Probably about half the rated output), had an odd color spectrum to
it that I can't quite put my finger on, and it only lasted about 2
weeks before it burned out.

LED lights aren't there yet. *Maybe in a few years.

Bob- Hide quoted text -

I bought that LOA crap, its one of the junk LEDs as you say, funny it
wasnt even on the LOA web site, ACE sold it to me, im ****ed at that
LOA -ACE bulb too