Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage Door Opener -- update

"LouB" wrote in message
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Went to Lowes this afternoon and picked one up. Got the Chamberlain 1/2
HP belt drive. Has everything I need and more. $198 Comes with the
outdoor keypad that I find very handy. It has two remotes, but I only
need one since I don't put the cars in the garage. I'll probably install
it next weekend.

Huh?? I don't put the cars in the garage.
Why a new opener?

The garage is my shop and also has some storage. It is still rather
convenient to push a button and have the door open or close for you,
especially if it is raining or your hands are full. I can carry a box of
stuff from the garage to the house and then push a button to close the door.

Ever notice at the supermarket the doors open and close for you? Makes life
a little easier.