Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Lawnmower engine clutch broken

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 09:06:33 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
It wouldn't be the first time something has jammed in a pull cord system
and buggered it.

get new parts, understand how it shpould work, and if it does it again
because its crap design, fix to work, sell on e-0bay and get a decent
one.

It's possible it's intentionally designed as a weak-but-replaceable link
in the system, same way that the B+S engine in my lawn tractor uses a
plastic gear on the starter motor - they get chewed up after a few
seasons, but I can just walk into the local farm supply shop and buy one
off the shelf cheaply. Better that than needing to replace the flywheel
every so often, I suppose.

cheers

Jules