Posted to uk.d-i-y
Part timer Part timer is offline

Default PCB artwork

On 11 Apr, 18:36, Ron Lowe wrote:

I have a rather poor quality but full size print of a printed circuit
board I wish to duplicate. It's on cheap thin paper with printing on the
other side. My scanner gives the best results when using grey rather than
B&W. But of course shows the print on the other side. And the edges of the
tracks are pretty ragged.

* Of course I could just use this as a guide and draw an entire new
one - but wondered if it was possible to clean up the track edges and
produce only B&W in software?

Last time I made PCBs, I found the density of the laser printing toner
onto acetate sheets too poor for etching. * Perhaps inkjets fare better..

I ended up filling it in by hand using a marker pen, and using a stanley
blade to scratch off unwanted spots etc from the acetate.

( However, I was copying an original board by *photocopying* the copper
side and then hand-reworking the transparency! * FWIW, it was a NAIM 250
power amp which I cloned for a tri-amp setup! )

--
Ron

How much did a clone NAP 250 cost to build?