Posted to uk.d-i-y
freepo freepo is offline

Default Lawnmower engine clutch broken

On 11 Apr, 23:30, freepo wrote:

So the answer would be to buy a new starter and make sure to engage
the pawls and the engine was engaged before putting real force onto
the starter cord.

However maybe my memory is failing me (it broke last summer) and
maybe the pawls did engage and turn the engine as I pulled the cord
and then something happened to jam the engine. - Now that I think
about that, when I looked at the top of the engine today I did notice
some damage to the engine casing (which spins around ) Perhaps
something got jammed as it was being started, but then why no jamming
when the engine was running, who knows, needs more thought, and maybe
need to buy new starter and see what happens.

Sorry for the babbling post.

Any thoughts on this in general?