Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Garage Door Opener -- update

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Went to Lowes this afternoon and picked one up. Got the Chamberlain 1/2
HP belt drive. Has everything I need and more. $198 Comes with the
outdoor keypad that I find very handy. It has two remotes, but I only
need one since I don't put the cars in the garage. I'll probably
install it next weekend.

Oh, be sure to reinforce the top door panel so if it ever gets stuck, it
doesn't bend the top panel in half. I still think the post about the
"burglar in garage" was a door that wasn't reinforced for the opener.
That story about burglars bending the top panel in half to get in
sounded a bit out there. It would have been hard as hell to do if that
door had been reinforced like it should have been, and the cop telling
the dumb story just puts the icing on the cake.