Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_3_] John R. Carroll[_3_] is offline

Default OT How the Corporations Broke Ralph Nader and America, Too.

Ed Huntress wrote:
Ed Huntress wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
Which brings up a classic sports car fanatic trivia question:
What did GTO stand for, as in Pontiac GTO or Ferrari GTO? It
was an abbreviation in Italian, but most people don't know what
it means even after you translate it into English. d8-)

Grand Tourisimo wan't it?

That's the "GT." What's the "O"? The "O" is the hard part. d8-)

I mean Oh.
"Ceritfied" or "Approved" in English. That isn't literal.
To an American buyer it meant "Long, Wide Penis" however.

--
John R. Carroll

Exactly. Connotations are important here. d8-)

LOL
I still have a couple of chrome plated die cast emblems that say
"Vega Chaparral".
GM was pretty far along when Hall complained.

Huh. I didn't know about that one. Or I forgot it. Did GM think that
Hall owed them?

I really don't know Ed. I think they were surprised as hell and I definitely
know they were ****ed big time. After getting reamed for the "Monza" badge,
something Hall knew all about, they decided to screw him back rather than
make a deal. Hall priced himself out of the market.
HAHAHA!

He probably did -- not financially, but for turning
out those special automatic transmissions, which were brilliant and
which allowed the driver to use his left foot to control the wing.

What I remember most about that car was that it was banned from racing G

--
John R. Carroll