Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus4694 Ignoramus4694 is offline

Default 80 year old waterpump that still works

On 2010-04-12, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus4694 wrote:

Great looking pump! What make is the electric motor?

Westinghouse is the motor brand.

Amazingly, both Westinghouse and the original maker of the pump (McKay
equipment), are still around.

This pump was used by an "old lady" until her house was demolished.

Why was her house demolished?

No idea.

Next question, what caused you to find this pump and buy it?

I bought it from a guy who was selling off his equipment. He had a
huge hangar full of Stuff. He was in excavating business and is
getting out. I bought this antique pump for $5 (and the ARO 4000 lbs
pneumatic chain hoist for $35, and a huge Greymills parts washer for
$40, and a Snapon YA212A MIG/TIG welder with tank for a undisclosed
price, and more stuff).

Note: Lycos is dead so I set up a new gmail account for this group.

I love gmail and moved most of my correspondence there. Gmail, google
calendar, and google docs changed the way I live my life, literally.