Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT How the Corporations Broke Ralph Nader and America, Too.

Ed Huntress wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
Which brings up a classic sports car fanatic trivia question: What
did GTO stand for, as in Pontiac GTO or Ferrari GTO? It was an
abbreviation in Italian, but most people don't know what it means
even after you translate it into English. d8-)

Grand Tourisimo wan't it?

That's the "GT." What's the "O"? The "O" is the hard part. d8-)

I mean Oh.
"Ceritfied" or "Approved" in English. That isn't literal.
To an American buyer it meant "Long, Wide Penis" however.

--
John R. Carroll

Exactly. Connotations are important here. d8-)

LOL
I still have a couple of chrome plated die cast emblems that say "Vega
Chaparral".
GM was pretty far along when Hall complained.

--
John R. Carroll

Huh. I didn't know about that one. Or I forgot it. Did GM think that Hall
owed them? He probably did -- not financially, but for turning out those
special automatic transmissions, which were brilliant and which allowed the
driver to use his left foot to control the wing.

--
Ed Huntress