Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default OT Responsible millionaires for higher taxes

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Did you find the answer you're looking for?

I searched around a bit and went to bed but your post reminded me to look again.

Now how they get the data, looking at your link and learning a couple key words I googled
up this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Current_Population_Survey

Then after that I found this on your link:
http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/p60_236sa.pdf

There are a certain percentage of non responses, I believe it was ~7 percent or so for the
CPS and ~7 percent for the annual social and economic supplement. I'm surprised they got
~93 percent compliance on the CPS.

I tried to make sense of some of the data but when they use $250,000 and up for the last
group, so I don't have anything to work with, especially when that is a median number that
tends to exclude the outliers and the really big ones on the right side of the chart is
what I was interested in. IIRC, the topic is how would redistributing the income of the
wealthy would affect the poorer members of society.

Wes