Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_3_] John R. Carroll[_3_] is offline

Default The Obama Economy

wrote:
On Apr 11, 6:13 pm, Hawke wrote:

It could have been worse for them, you know. The government could
have followed the advice of the republicans and just let GM go
bankrupt. Then the bond holders would have lost everything. You
think they would have preferred we did it that way? Or do you think
they are going to be happier having GM be profitable very soon and
them not losing their entire investment, and making some money as
well? Sometimes a half a loaf is a lot better than nothing.

Hawke

It does not work that way. The stockholders would have lost
everything.

And did.

The bond holders just like other creditors would have
received their portion of the assets.

Personally I do not think GM is going to be profitable. If I had GM
stock, I would sell it.

Dan

--
John R. Carroll