Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Low-friction track for sliding 60lb box about 3 feet.

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 23:53:36 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"VM" wrote in message
.. .
I've got to figure out an easy way to slide a box/enclosure weighing
about 60lbs. Got to move about 3 feet, and the box itself is about
3feet long, so I'd need at least 6feet of track. I was thinking about
sliders that they use for glass doors, but I'm not sure if there are
mounting constraints or if they'll support the weight. And I'd need
to find a vendor. Ideas?

If the box is flat on the bottom, get some PVC pipe and cut it into 4 or 5
pieces and put under the box to roll it. When the first piece comes out the
back, move it back to the front. If it is not flat, you may be able to put
a board under it to make it flat.
If it is only 60 lb, looks like you could get another to help just carry it.

Get some of those "EZ Sliders" they advertize on late-night TV. They'l
move 200 lbs with no problem, Just big teflon or something coated pads
that you slip under the load - slide on carpet, tile, hardwood etc but
not much good on rough concrete.