Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com is offline

Default HDTV reception

*+-The USB dongle type of HDTV receivers are worse than awful. They
*+-usually don't have enough sensitivity to work in marginal situations,

I got the "mobile antena" from the USB dongle.
The USB dongle never worked.
The TV is a portable, about 7".
(My previous TV was a 1982 2" BW LCD portable).
The original antenna didn't seem to work as well.
But you got different stations with each antenna.

THe antenna is F-type. I paid like $100 for the TV, so I'd be willing to
pay $15 for an antenna that doesn't hog too much space.

I ended up getting an amplified F-type for radio which of course
doesn't work on TV.

I find it curious the public (city owned) station (not NET) is the
most reliable.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2