Posted to alt.home.repair
[SMF][_2_] [SMF][_2_] is offline

Default Low-friction track for sliding 60lb box about 3 feet.

On 4/10/2010 10:47 PM, VM wrote:
I've got to figure out an easy way to slide a box/enclosure weighing
about 60lbs. Got to move about 3 feet, and the box itself is about
3feet long, so I'd need at least 6feet of track. I was thinking about
sliders that they use for glass doors, but I'm not sure if there are
mounting constraints or if they'll support the weight. And I'd need
to find a vendor. Ideas?

One option is to purchase, or make your own, rolling cargo bed. They
do make heavy duty drawer slides that are flat.

This is an example of a rolling cargo bed:

http://www.cargobed.com/

This is an example of heavy duty slides:

http://slim-track.com/heavy_duty.html