Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg O[_2_] Greg O[_2_] is offline

Default Do you use any computer based tool for doing project layout?

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
I have always designed my projects using graph paper, ruler, pencil, and
(lots of) eraser. I have a somewhat more complicated job I want to do now.
There is a design for an entertainment center in FWW that I want to adapt.
I would like to take the measurements from the article, enter them on a
computer somehow, and then change the things I want. I have a friend who
uses Google Sketchup. He found it awkward to use and not that
sophisticated. I don't want to invest the money and a lot of learning time
on a CAD program unless I can get a recommendation on this group for a
product that one of you likes to use. Should I stick to my paper, pencil,
and eraser?

TIA.

Dick Snyder

I do not care for Sketchup either. I downloaded DoubleCAD and have been
using it for a while.
http://www.doublecad.com/
Greg