Posted to rec.woodworking
ExtremelyAvg ExtremelyAvg is offline

Default Do you use any computer based tool for doing project layout?

On 4/10/2010 9:05 PM, LDosser wrote:
"Morris Dovey" wrote in message

Sorry, but after spending more than a half-century developing software
(link in sig),

There is another free option, but I should mention that there is a
bit of a learning curve to get started. The virtual world of Second
Life allows one to build. You may enter exact dimensions, create
multiple pieces, and it is free. There are tons of in world
tutorials. I made my living for 3 years building spaces in SL for
corporate clients, so that is where I design most of my stuff. The
nice thing about SL is that you could build in groups, if your
woodworking friends also joined. As for curves and such, no problem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suGykJIBLZU This is a video showing
things that either I personally built or my workers built. There are
lots of bits of furniture.

I also love Google Sketchup and 3Ds Max.

Good luck,

Brian
http://extremelyaverage.com