Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

Default Flashlights, old style, hundreds of them...

What's that Lassie? You say that Existential Angst fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Sun, 11 Apr 2010 11:53:20 -0400:

Awl --

I'm warehousing (in my hovel) about 250+ carded bulb-style D-cell
flashlights, all colors. They are carded without the D-cells (req. 2).

What to do with these??

They were originally intended as a part of some camping/survival pack, but I
don't think too many people want to hump Dcells around, now that LEDs are
common, and integrated into other utilities as well.

I figger I got 3 options:

1. throw'em out...
2. Sell'em to 99c stores -- and if they don't take them, that's a sure sign
they are worthless.
3. Scavenge the bulbs? THEN throw'em out...
or mebbe
4. Freebies/incentives with other stuff I might be selling? But, if they
are indeed useless....

I sort of dread humping around to 99c stores.... is it worth a shot?

offer them up at:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/
Someone will take them.
--