Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Tile in garage?

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 17:37:03 -0400, the infamous Joseph Gwinn
scrawled the following:

I had my basement floor painted with gray latex deck paint, so oil wouldn't
soak in and I could wash it. Didn't quite work, and paint was not the problem.
The concrete itself wore away to dust wherever I habitually stood, like in front
of the machines. The concrete probably didn't have enough cement in it, and so
wasn't strong enough.

One of the liquid/low viscosity epoxies might have helped, or even
just a sealer.

I don't see how paint can solve such a problem - the concrete itself is
crumbling from foot traffic alone, and not a lot of that, but it would be
difficult to get enough penetration to make up a thick enough layer of epoxy
concrete.

Joe Gwinn