Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve McElrath Steve McElrath is offline

Default Stain Andersen Patio doors

I installed one of these in 2007. I left the pine unstained and just put
poly on it. I masked the glass. I did this before I installed the door HW.

I am quite pleased with the results.

I highly recommend the door, too.

I believe the instructions say not to use anything abrasive on the glass,
such as a razor blade.

"ls02" wrote in message
I intend to buy and install Andersen Sliding Patio doors. My
understanding the doors are unstained unfinished pine interior that is
usually stained. Does it mean you have to mask the windows glass and
stain the door itself? Does the door have any interior trim?

I installed a dozen or so Andersen windows in my house. The window
itself is not stained as it is not exposed. I stain the trim that is
then attached to the window.