Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
mm mm is offline

Default Lowe's blows

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 09:37:49 -0400, "Sanity" wrote:

If your case does end up in court, Lowe's will have a corporate person
argue their side of the case. No lawyers are permitted in Small
Claims Court in Michigan, perhaps the same is true in your area, but
the person arguing Lowe's case could very well be a corporate
attorney. Small Claims are filed against retail stores all the time,
please do not feel that you case is the first one filed against
Lowe's. Your case is frivolous.

And I've lived in the North for 60 years before moving here so:
1. I've used ice melt before without problem
2. My whole family is in the building business so we know about concrete.
(the vendors packaging said the concrete has to be one year old and sealed,
which it was).
3. The concrete used in my driveway met all specs. It cured for 5 years.
It's been sealed properly twice.

He didn't even re-ask any questions, but you're reanswering them
anyhow. Don't complain later.

so I think I know a little about concrete. And the case is not frivolous.
And lawyers for a Corporation are permitted in most small claims court.

Yes I think so. Corporations don't have mouths or hands or legs.
They can only speak through their attorney. Some states, maybe all by
now, have amended the law to allow small corporations, like family
businesses and maybe bigger, to appear without a lawyer. But this is
an exception to the normal rule.

The tv courts are not courts but arbitration forums and they could
have just about any rules they want on stuff like this. I don't think
I've ever seen a lawyer who wasn't also the plaintiff or respondent,
but I think all of the corporations I've seen have been small ones.
Maybe the big ones are too smart to appear on the show. I think it
some of the litigants were smarter, they woudn't humiliate themselves
on tv either, which might be why so many of them are poor, because for
them the 300 dollars each it pays, or 500 or 200 or something like
that is more of an incentive than it would be for someone who's not
poor. But others are middle class and just have no idea how bad they
might look, even if they win.