Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
mm mm is offline

Default Lowe's blows

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 09:53:58 -0500, "JimT" wrote:

wrote in message
On Apr 8, 5:49 pm, "Sanity" wrote:
"Oren" wrote in message

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 13:20:12 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

You're right, I stand corrected. As someone else pointed out, this is
America and you can sue anybody you want. Actually prevailing in the
matter, well, that's a whole different story.

Reminds me a fellow, once, that had a dispute with his water company.
The company turned off his water! He was going to "bring them to
their knees", and somehow made them humble :-/

Maybe he could have put soil in his toilets and grew vegetables?!

Guess who won...

Apples and pears.

Why does Lowe's have the manufacturer sign an agreement to guaranty their
products. Lowe's knows that they are the first in line to get sued and
want
to be protected. So if they are sued, they in turn will sue the
manufacturer.
Let me ask you a question. You go into an Italian restaurant and order
spaghetti and sauce. The cook opens a can of commercial sauce and puts it
on the spaghetti. You get food poisoning because the sauce is bad. Who do
you sue? The restaurant or the manufacturer of the sauce. The answer is
you sue the restaurant and he in turn sues the maker of the sauce.

Actually there was a similar case on Peoples Court last year.
Someone ordered a dish that had pitted olives in it. One of the
olives contained a pit and the customer broke a tooth on it. They
sued the restaurant and....they LOST. The judge said to prevail the
plaintiff would have to show that the restaurant was negligent and did
something wrong, which they did not. The judge said they might have
a claim against the olive maker, but even then, everyone should know
that it's not possible to guarantee 100% perfect removal of all pits.

========

That's an interesting PL case. I've heard the same thing about "fish bones".
Unfortunately, the plaintiff can't sue God. I'll bet they could if they
could serve a subpoena. (St. Peter's Square? Sistine Chapel?)

Subpoenas there may be coming.

Our court system is out of control but thankfully there are some glimpses of
sanity.

We've had a lot of Sanity in this thread already.