Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Lowe's blows

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 21:37:45 -0400, "Sanity" wrote:

See....That is true BUT. Your case against Lowes is sour grapes because
you're ****ed. Listen....you don't have a case against Lowes, and maybe
not even the mfg. You're angry. That's not a good reason to go to court.

It's fantastic that you can tell I'm ****ed and angry. If you were willing
to make a wager I'll bet Lowe's comes through for me. Either they'll make
the manufacturer pay or they'll pay and go after the vendor.
People deal with a big store because they want to avoid problems. They
expect that if they have a problem with a product, the store will make good
and the store will argue with the vendor. Why would Lowe's have a section in
their purchase agreement telling the vendor that they must guaranty their
product and that if they don't, Lowe's legal department will enforce the
contract?

I woudn't count on that. I used to got Marketfest Pro weekend
computer shows and at one I bought the parts neede to make a computer.

The floppy drives didnt' work and the vendor at the show wouldn't make
good. I called Market Pro and they said, Well they only have to live
up to to their advertising. I said they didnt'. Reluctantly they
called the vendor and I'm sure he said he didnt' do anything wrong,
and they called me back and they were done with me.

Now Lowes *ought* to be a lot more responsble than that. You're
right, stores grow by good customer service, and while The customer is
always right is not practical in some businesses, or anywhere**, your
case is somewhere not at the extremes.

**Some people seem to think it is the law!