Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default LG dishwashers from Korea - any good?

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 22:21:26 -0500, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 17:53:44 -0500, AZ Nomad
wrote:

On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 17:32:37 -0500, Zootal wrote:
I went to Home Depot today and saw some LG dishwashers, from Korea. Not
cheap, nice looking. Anyone know anything about them, ie are they any good
and likely to last at least a few years?

They're more reliable than anything else on the market right now.
Unlike japanese brands, they're not made in china.

Also saw a nice Electrolux at the local appliance center, but I'm not quite
ready to pay $1000 for a dishwasher, though I'm tempted if I thought it
would work good and last a long time.

electrolux is french crap. You'll be lucky if you make it two years
without needing another $1000 for repairs.

They're made in the US.

I stand corrected. My experience with them has been with their vacuum
cleaners. They're not french either; swedish and of such poor design
that the motors wear out before a single set of brushes wear
out. Nice design, but poor execution and overall very expensive to keep
running.