Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default OT -- battery drill external batt pack

Roger Shoaf wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
People write good reviews of the company. I've got a couple
12 volt drills from Harbor Freight, that I paid $14.99 each,
for the drills. I wonder how much it would cost to have the
batteries rebuilt?

The problem with HF drills is that the chargers suck.

They are not automatic in that they will over charge the batteries and kill
them, so alternate methods of charging should be used.

I put the cheap "wall wort" type chargers on a timer for a few hours
when dead. Then it turns them on again for about 15 minutes a day.
Works great. A 5 year old B&D 12volt I bought in an emergency still
works great on the original battery.