Posted to alt.home.repair
Somebuddy Else Somebuddy Else is offline

Default plastic eyeglass frames

"WW" wrote in message
. ..

"notbob" wrote in message
Not exactly a home, but found in the home.

I have an pair of the original Revo sunglasses, the ones actually made
by layering dozens of color corrective laser grade coatings as
invented by an ex employee of a well known Silicon Valley laser
company. These are the real deal and are not replaceable, the
original company having been sold off to a hack Euro conglomerate
years ago. I really need to repair these glasses.

Anyway, I broke the cheapo frames while luckily doing no damage
to the lenses themselves. I need to repair them and am wondering if
anyone can recommend a good epoxy adhesive for this job. I was going
to use a Hardman Double-Bouble brand epoxy till I looked at their
application chart and saw that gluing plastics is not really their
forte.

Any advice?

nb

JB Weld. NOT the 4 minute stuff but the long cure type. WW

I will vouch for the JB Weld .... my "can't read with out em" eyeglasses
frame broke near the hinge while on vacation at the kids house. The
son-in-law was also fixing the spout belonging to the kitchen sink due to an
issue with a pin hole leak that sprayed water every time you turned the
water on. He had the JB Weld out (the two tube syringe into one kind) so I
used a toothpick dipped in a dab of fresh and presto chango with some
finger-clamped pressure after about 5 minutes it held till I got back home
and then some. Just beware it is metallic colored and you might want to be
careful with appearance and application. Oh, and it worked on the faucet
leak too.

--
Fran ......SomeBuddy Else in North Central Ohio