Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default LG dishwashers from Korea - any good?

On 09/04/10 3:32 PM, Zootal wrote:
I went to Home Depot today and saw some LG dishwashers, from Korea. Not
cheap, nice looking. Anyone know anything about them, ie are they any good
and likely to last at least a few years?

Much more reliable than any of the U.S. brands. The only concern is that
parts availability it likely to be problematic though you're less likely
to ever need parts.

My higher end Maytag dishwasher has had two repair visits for recalls,
plus I spent about $200 on replacement racks after the originals rusted.
Next time it breaks I'll get an LG. I've been to one of the LG factories
in Korea and it's very impressive. They are producing products as good
as the Japanese companies now. Good cafeteria too, with all the kim-chi
you can eat on every table!