Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Allen driver needed

In article ,
Cicero wrote:
I believe that anything that can be done with an impact wrench / driver
in normal conditions can be done just as well with the correct hand tool
with the added bonus that there is little risk of damage from impact.
I'm a bit surprised by the example of the door hinge screws; I don't
doubt that it works but the traditional method (clean slot, couple of
taps with screwdriver) has always worked well for me. You may enjoy
using an impact driver for this job, but would you fail to do it using
only a decent screwdriver?

Takes seconds with my little Makita as opposed to ages faffing around with
an ordinary screwdriver.

--
*TEAMWORK...means never having to take all the blame yourself *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.