Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Cleaning leaked electrolytic & corrosion on PCB

David Eather wrote in
:

On 11/04/2010 5:43 AM, John Larkin wrote:
On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 11:15:57 -0700,
wrote:

What is the best method for cleaning up leaked electrolyte? This PCB
has some corrosion on IC leads and vias.

Is there a corrosion neutralizer that would be effective? Since the
potential for corrosion in places that aren't accessible (deep in
the vias), a liquid that can neutralize corrosion is called for.

Would something like DeOxit work in such an application?

This is on a Tek scope acquisition board.

Thanks.

Dishwasher.

John

You must be single.

I've used my dishwasher and Calgonite to clean 2236 DMM boards,then a
drying session in our TEK field office's drying oven at around 140DegF for
3 days.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik