Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Broken Roof Truss

On Apr 9, 6:19*pm, "Steve McElrath" wrote:
I was up in the attic today, and noticed that I had a broken roof truss.
Not sure how long it's been that way. *It didn't look too new.

Anyone ever dealt with this?

Rather then replacing it, I was just thinking about sistering in (or
sandwiching it ) another 2x4 with some screws and maybe some construction
adhesive.

snip

The construction adhesive (assuming good quality) will do more for
strength than a whole bunch of screws or nails. In fact to do a
superior job, the sistered stud needs to be well clamped in place
before any fasteners are used. For fasteners some prefer ring shanked
nails or star head construction screws.

Joe