Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Fluke 73 probe socket

Michael Kerby wrote in message
I have a Fluke 73 multimeter that looks like a 9v battery leaked at
some stage and the probe sockets have oxidized. I cannot get an
accurate reading anymore with known good test leads. Is there
anything I can do to fix this? Especially a cheap fix.

Cut the plugs off and solder directly onto the board, no ammeter function
though. Or make up some sort of extender with in-line sockets and again
soldered directly into the innards.

Are you sure it is socket problems and not switch problem ?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England
http://diverse.4mg.com/index.htm