Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Do you use any computer based tool for doing project layout?

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 07:42:06 -0500, Morris Dovey wrote:

I happen to do relatively little of that type of work and use an old
version of DesignCAD, which lets me draw curves that aren't often seen
in traditional woodworking (parabola, hyperbola, catenaries, sine
curves, etc) and export those shapes in a format that permits CNC
machining.

Some folks are working with TurboCAD and like it best.

And older versions of both are available at a fraction of the original
cost.