Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT Responsible millionaires for higher taxes

"Joseph Gwinn" wrote in message
In article
,
John Husvar wrote:

In article ,
Ignoramus21954 wrote:

http://www.marke****ch.com/story/mee...t-to-pay-highe
r-
taxes-2010-04-09

I certainly share their sentiment.

Taxes should reflect expenses. Look what is happening in Greece, who
thought otherwise. Low taxes are a gimmick, since debts cannot grow to
the sky, eventually something will have to be done.

I vaguely remember reading an article that said if somehow the all the
money the richest people had was redistributed evenly among the
population of the country, the yield to each person would be
surprisingly small. Does anybody have any clearer memory of that? Didn't
get anywhere with Google so far.

It's true. There just aren't enough filthy rich people.

As a practical matter, the middle class carries the burden, because the
poor
don't have the money, and the rich don't have the numbers.

I think the information is at the Bureau of Labor Statistics or the US
Census.
What you want is the distribution of income versus number of taxpayers at
that
income level. Ed Huntress probably know exactly where to look.

Joe Gwinn

The data on actual tax revenues is in the IRS statistics. Census is where
I'd go first to find out how many people are making how much money.

This is not a hard one, and it's good practice for someone to see how to dig
out facts. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress