Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Wixon William Wixon is offline

Default OT How the Corporations Broke Ralph Nader and America, Too.

"sparky" wrote in message
On Apr 9, 6:18 pm, Lewis Hartswick wrote:

Whoever broke ralph Nader was a good man! nader was nothing but a
blowhard , out for his own self-gratifacation. Nothing he did was
to help other people.

ralph nader is a great man, i hold my hand over my heart whenever i hear him
speak. same with noam chomsky.
bill moyers had a great and very interesting man talking sense last night on
his "journal" (surprisingly, a white haired middle aged white ex-military
man).

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/04092010/watch.html

quote

BILL MOYERS: Should we quit in Afghanistan?

ANDREW BACEVICH: I think so. I mean again, I believe that ultimately, a
sound foreign policy should be informed by an enlightened understanding of
one's own interests. That's what we pay people like President Obama big
money to do, to advance our collective interests, what's good for this
country, this people. And the perpetuation of the war in Afghanistan is not
good for this country and for our people.

BILL MOYERS: Why?

ANDREW BACEVICH: Because we are squandering our treasure. We are losing
lives for no purpose. And ultimately, the perpetuation of this unnecessary
war does, I think, serve to exacerbate the problems within the Islamic
world, rather than reducing those problems.