Posted to uk.d-i-y
F Murtz F Murtz is offline

Default Allen driver needed

F Murtz wrote:
Rick Hughes wrote:
I have an expensive item that is manufactured from Billet Aluminum.
It is assembled with 316 stainless steel csk hex head screws.

I need to disassemble and the screws are stuck fast.

The heads are 7/32" hex imperials (yep 100% sure - It's a US
manufactured product)

I have tried encouraging Allen key with mallet - no good.
Applied releasing oil - no good (happy to try a specific product if
there is a particularly good one)

So far only one of the 8 have come out !

Now one way to approach this would be to use an impact driver ... I have
a compressed air 1/2" square drive impact driver, and assorted sockets
... but would need a 7/32" hex insert ............ anybody know where I
can get one ?

Are they cap headed or countersunk? if cap headed try vice grips to loosen.

Oops missed the csk.