Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Catwatcher Catwatcher is offline

Default CFL/ zapper problems

Had a similar problem with a dish network box about 2-3 years ago. The CFL
was in a floor lamp line-of-sight about eight feet in front of the box.
Pressing a key on the remote would yield unexpected results. After several
days we correlated the problems with the light (which wasn't used all the
time). I suspect the CFL emitted significant IR which confused the receiver
in the box.

Ca****cher

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Nothing technical in this national newspaper article, anyone been there
before ? poor/absent Hamming codes ? mains wiring interference, not IR ?
(hallway lamp ref in the full article)