Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default HDTV reception

On Apr 9, 5:47*pm, wrote:
How do you improve HDTV reception?

My best reception is with the NYC official station.
(254592, no 7,13).
I'm using a Supersonic portbale with an antenna tha came with
a USB TV receiver. I can't even find a decent cheap antenna.

We used to have dozens of stations before HDTV.
No way I'm getting cable.
We are proud we are the only house without cable.
My late dad refused to ever let me get a VCR.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * - = -
*Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist
* *http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm...k.com/vasjpan2
* ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. *Everything fully disclaimed..}---
* *[Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards]
*[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

You have 3 VHF-HI channels in NY. List here

http://www.dtv.gov/stationlist.htm

If you folks have a house, there is a good chance this antenna could
work well for you.

http://www.winegard.com/kbase/upload/HD7694P.pdf

It's 5.5 ft long, 3 ft wide, quite small compared to older all channel
antennas that went down to channel 2. This unit is VHF-HI and UHF
which will cover all the spectrum in your area. The gain is good, and
front-to-back ratio (ghost rejection) is good also. If you're hidden
behind big buildings or hills you may have problems but if you have a
clear shot at the towers, this will get you going well.