Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default PCB artwork

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 10:11:34 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Of course I could just use this as a guide and draw an entire new
one - but wondered if it was possible to clean up the track edges

and
produce only B&W in software?

Depends how straight you want your edges. Scan at a high resolution,
300dpi, and when you convert to B&W they may well straigten enough.

Your program to do the B&W conversion really needs the abilty to
adjust at what level in the grey scale the transistion from black to
white occurs with a WYSIWYG preview of the result.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Look at http://www.platincnc.com/ , an Austrian chap who has
developed a program to scan pictures and images of PCs and turn them
into useful output. I've used it and it does work.

AWEM