Posted to uk.d-i-y
george [dicegeorge] george [dicegeorge] is offline

Default PCB artwork

Dave wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
I have a rather poor quality but full size print of a printed circuit
board I wish to duplicate. It's on cheap thin paper with printing on the
other side. My scanner gives the best results when using grey rather than
B&W. But of course shows the print on the other side. And the edges of
the
tracks are pretty ragged.

Of course I could just use this as a guide and draw an entire new
one - but wondered if it was possible to clean up the track edges and
produce only B&W in software?

Put the print on the scanner and place a piece of black paper/ card over
the top of it and see how it comes out. Something like photoshop can
improve the contrast of the scan.

Dave

scanning in colour may be even better.

then maybe a bit of blur, to thicken the lines,
then adjust levels, delete most of the light grey
then another blur,
then adjust levels, delete the lighter lines
?

Photoshop bible is the book i learnt most of my tricks from.