Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default OT -- battery drill external batt pack

On Apr 9, 7:47*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Have you ever built a battery drill, using a dead
cordless drill, and external battery pack? For a
while, I was saving a 12 volt drill that was dead.

I save it, becuase I figured I could put a length of
zipcord on it, and run it to a lighter plug. Power it
from the socket of a battery jumper pack.

Most Sub-C that I've found in drills are 1600 mA
hours, Compared to the cheap Rayovac NiMH *AA
cells, which are about 2,000. *could use a 12 volt
pack that runs AA cells (eight AA cells, Rat Shack
used to have these) and actually have more power
than the original pack. Plus, being able to test and
replace individual cells as they failed.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Yes