Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RBnDFW RBnDFW is offline

Default Not OT (for once) - follow up - drill chuck removal problem

Andrew VK3BFA wrote:
Hi All,
follow up - some time ago, I asked about how to remove the key-less
chuck on battery drills. My semi-dead one I was using as a power
screwdriver finally had a toooo dead battery pack, so it was
sacrificed to the cause. Got some good advice, so used it. Biggest
Allen key that would fit in the chuck , a lot of whacks with the
hammer - came loose (yes, I had figured out the reverse screw thread
thingy down the middle)
Thanks people - advice noted, and used successfully.
Andrew VK3BFA.

BTW, my dead cordless drills get a set of cables from (equally dead)
battery chargers. Clamp a 9.6-volt drill to a marginal 12V battery and
you can drill for hours, in a semi-portable way