Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe Pfeiffer Joe Pfeiffer is offline

Default OT How the Corporations Broke Ralph Nader and America, Too.

John writes:

Nader then wrote a book about the Volkswagen Bug using much the same
tactics that had been so successful in the first book. However, this
time Road and Track, and probably other main line car magazines wrote
rebuttals. I read the Road and Tack article and it demonstrated that
Nader's engineering was faulty, his many quotes, mainly taken from
N.Y. State Police reports, were either taken out of context, cherry
picked for effect or partially quoted, and in fact little in his book
was accurate of true. In short they did to Nader what Nader did to
the Corvair.

Not quite -- the rebuttals were well-reasoned and factual.