Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Not OT (for once) - follow up - drill chuck removal problem

What will you do with a separated chuck?

Did you consider rigging an external battery pack for your
drill?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Andrew VK3BFA" wrote in message
Hi All,
follow up - some time ago, I asked about how to remove the
key-less
chuck on battery drills. My semi-dead one I was using as a
power
screwdriver finally had a toooo dead battery pack, so it was
sacrificed to the cause. Got some good advice, so used it.
Biggest
Allen key that would fit in the chuck , a lot of whacks with
the
hammer - came loose (yes, I had figured out the reverse
screw thread
thingy down the middle)
Thanks people - advice noted, and used successfully.
Andrew VK3BFA.