Posted to alt.home.repair
George Jetson[_3_] George Jetson[_3_] is offline

Default rotten threshold

"Phisherman" wrote in message
http://extabit.com/file/28xh9ui8o9iap

On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 16:48:13 -0400, J Burns
wrote:

Four years ago I replaced the rotten threshold of my back door. I took
a plank from a pallet, sawed and planed it to fit, caulked, applied two
coats of Thompson's sealer, and painted.

Before long, the wood was getting wet. It soon rotted.

What's a better way to make a threshold?

Use an "outdoor" wood and protect it with a polyurethane.

I replaced a rotted oak threshold with some solid vinyl trim, still looks
new three years later. It may not wear as well but its never gonna rot.

--
They can have my command prompt when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.