Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave__67 Dave__67 is offline

Default HF hydraulic press Question

On Apr 8, 11:28*pm, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET
wrote:
I bought the Harbor Freight 20 Ton hydraulic press today. *

The table [they refer to it as the apron] rocks on the pins. *It's
twisted. *When I hold one end down, there's a 5/32" gap at the
opposite end. *Do they all rock this much? *Does it make any
difference or make it more difficult to line things up to press them
out?

I tried taking the twist out by clamping one end and pumping the
hydraulic until the table was flat against the pins, but it just
returned after pressure was released.

BTW, the 20T press is on sale for $200 currently, and if you look
around on the net, there's a $20% discount coupon good till next
December that the store honored. *It brings the price down to $160.
Now is the time to buy if you've needed one.

RWL

I have the 20T A-frame press and discovered that there was some effort
required to make sure the legs were all at the same level (pin holes).
Perhaps it's the frame that's a bit off?

Dave