Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe Pfeiffer Joe Pfeiffer is offline

Default OT How the Corporations Broke Ralph Nader and America, Too.

"RAM³" writes:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 08:20:07 -0600, the infamous Lewis Hartswick
scrawled the following:

I didn't read the whole tirade but Ralph Nadar
is/was an IDIOT. He lost all credibility when
he wrote " Unsafe at any Speed".
What a load of BS.

Yeah, he castrated GM while allowing the VW to go unpunished, despite
the fact that they had more problems than the Corvair, including the
extreme tendency for several to set themselves on fire almost as an
almost daily practice.

Yahbut he hadn't bought his Momma a VW!

He'd bought her a Corvair and refused to abide by the tire pressure
requirements as specified in the Owner's Manual. This resulted in poor
control of the vehicle since the "30 Pounds All Around" didn't work with
the '60-'64 'Vairs.

He also wrote "Small -- On Safety", an equally ridiculous indictment of
the Beetle.