Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack Jack is offline

Default After the basement flood. Now what?

It was ground water. I have two sump pumps, plus a trash pump going. Still
was unable to keep up with the water. Neighbors had anywhere from a foot to
4 feet in their basements. I had about a foot.

"Jack" wrote in message
Hello,
Lots of water in the basement due to the NE floods. RI got creamed. I
ripped down the sheetrock, took up the subfloor and laminate. All in a
dumpster now. Fans and dehumidifier are running. I am going to rebuild
the basement.

How long do I need to wait until I can begin rebuilding? I was thinking
at least a few months to ensure everything is really dry. (wood studs down
there)

Thanks for your time.