Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
axolotl[_2_] axolotl[_2_] is offline

Default Future Space programs Anniversary of an amazingly enduringdesign

"John R. fired this volley in
:

A number of data acquisition and control systems
(which included no computers) were built for NASA installations."

Hmmm... that's odd. I bought it at the cape at an auction. It was
specifically listed as "Apollo launch control 'system'".

I can assure you it wasn't a data-acquisition system. It really was a
full-up computer.

LLoyd

Long, long ago I worked for EAI, a manufacturer of analog/hybrid
simulation computers. EAI was one of SEL's best customers (many EAI
computers used SELs for the digital piece). I can state that EAI shipped
many computers to NASA, and some of those computers contained SEL machines.
A SEL 32/55 was in the first computer (that I am aware of) sold to China
by a US company. It was a dual console 7800 system, similar to the moon
landing simulator. As a DoS condition of the sale, we had to use an
obsolete digital (the 32/55) and lengthen the access times on the hard
disks.
The computer was sold for "design of electric motors and agricultural
purposes". It was delivered to Harbin, next to the air base.

Kevin Gallimore