Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default rewiring permit snag - abandoned wires

Steve Barker wrote:
wrote:
On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 08:13:05 -0700 (PDT), Limp Arbor
wrote:

Turned in my plans to the town to replace my Al wire with copper.

The inspector called me today and said I may need to completely
remove the Al wire. He was going to check on it so it is not that
he is trying to gove me a hard time.

Anyone know if the NEC addresses abandoned wires behind finished
drywall?

My plan was to pull all that I could out and where staples prevented
it cut the wires so they could not be reached.

Leave it to the government to make a job ten times harder and more
costly. I would have not even contacted them, jsut done the job.

BINGO! FINALLY, a correct answer.

If you are an idiot.