Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Reducing diameter of straight drill bits

On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 09:33:54 -0500
Ignoramus16651 wrote:

snip
I have two drills like that, that could twist my arms. I prefer using
the less powerful drills where possible. It is a very unpleasant
sensation. The application is to enlarge a 5/8 nominal hole to become
a 21/32 hole, and to later tap it for 3/4-10 thread.

I'm sure you have bigger chucks in your stash, couldn't you just make
an adapter to mount a larger chuck in the smaller chuck? Shouldn't
really cause any trouble with hand-held work other than making it a bit
longer.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b